MaterialMRT real time tracking
Maptek can help deliver a better understanding of production performance across load and haul, stockpiling and plant processes.
Maptek MaterialMRT provides the mechanism for mines to identify, remediate and optimise current discontinuous material flows from in situ rock to run-of-mine (ROM) stockpiles through to the plant.
Traditional material tracking involves siloed systems, decisions based on assumptions and a lack of connection to the resource model. This can lead to low confidence in inventory composition, poor yield, poor value recovery and sub-optimal plant performance.
MaterialMRT connects the resource model, mine plan, fleet management, on-belt analysers, survey, laboratory and plant feed. Operations gain a validated, accurate and up-to-date view of the movement and quality of mined material and product throughout the value chain.
This solution features a cloud centralised server, web-based user interface and database components to measure, store and display real time geospatial data on material quality and quantity.
MaterialMRT helps operations understand material movement in real time, instilling confidence that stock levels are accurate, and provides a reliable framework to guide planning and scheduling.
MaterialMRT traces each parcel of material directly fed into the plant, or to and from a stockpile, and dynamically displays the changes to the ROM pad as material is dumped and reclaimed over time. This provides a working model of variable composition stockpiles with both quality and tonnage information.
Importantly MaterialMRT references actual composition of material quality from the resource model, not merely weighted averages.
Operations can interrogate MaterialMRT reports for the length of time material has been on a stockpile and the number of times it has been rehandled before arrival at the plant for processing.
Invariably raw data from fleet management contains errors or exceptions, such as when a sensor is faulty or down. With MaterialMRT, data can be easily adjusted to account for changes, and an audit trail links back to the raw values relevant to tonnage and grade.
Live dashboards and reports deliver a single source of truth; presenting one view of the entire mine value chain makes it easy to see where processes are less than optimal and allows trends to be easily identified.
Using MaterialMRT overcomes the challenges of tracking material movements from pit to plant and reconciling delivery against resource modelling.
Functional stakeholders and management on site or in the corporate office can quantify the variability of material quality and quantity at each stage.
- Designed for purpose – low training overhead and minimal deployment requirements
- Productivity gains – manage the number and location of ROM stockpiles to improve plant utilisation
- Dump stockpile compliance – know which trucks are dumping on which stockpiles while preserving source block data
- Maximise yield through the plant – improve the quality of ROM stockpiles through live spatial tracking of product quantity and quality
- Resource model reconciliation – track material through the ROM, allowing reconciliation with the resource model and strategic mine plan
- MaterialMRT provides a validated, accurate and up-to-date view of the movement and quality of mined material and product across an operation
- Tracking material through the ROM stockpiles allows reconciliation with the resource model and strategic mine plan
- Live dashboards and reports deliver a single source of truth across the entire mine value chain, allowing trends to be easily identified